|Owner||GW Power Corporation and Nexen Inc.|
|Project||New Wind Energy Project in Southern Alberta|
|Location||25 km South of Fort Macleod, AB|
|Size||70.5 MW, $114 Million|
|Turbines||47 GE 1.5 MW, 65m hub height|
|Role||Project Management, Regulatory Approval Support, Engineering and Construction Supervision/Inspection|
The project involves the installation of 47 GE 1.5sle turbines on five sections of land primarily owned by Soderglen Ranches. The wind turbines are arranged in seven different arrays which are connected through underground and overhead powerlines to a project substation that supplies 70.5 MW of power to the Alberta Interconnected Electric System. Provision is made to expand the project to 120 MW by adding 33 future wind turbines. The project was constructed on schedule and under budget.
- GE - 1.5sle turbines with 65m hub height.
- 1750 kVA transformer for every turbine.
- Rotor (hub + 3 blades) diameter of 77m.
- Turbine layout and substation designed for future expansion.
- 12.5 km of access and site roads.
- Patrick & Henderson cylindrical foundations.
- 23 km of 25 kV underground and overhead power & communication lines.
- 138 kV electrical substation and 11.5 km of 138 kV power lines to interconnection point.
- Project commenced August 2004, constructed in 12 months, COD September 2006.